2009 Eco-living tour
As part of our education and outreach mandate, EcoReality needs to continue to engage the public to educate and inform.
For at least four years, an ad-hoc group of Salt Springers has organized an "Eco-home tour," based upon houses with salient ecological features, such as natural building, alternative energy production, or water management.
This year, they have broadened their vision and changed the name to "Eco-living tour," and invited EcoReality to take part, stressing the co-operative nature of our situation.
Many of us thought we were not ready for such an event, but the organizers would like to use our site as a staging area for "homeless" participants, such as a builder of 100 sqft houses and a reseller of electric bicycles and scooters.
In addition to hosting such "homeless" participants, we will hold periodic farm tours, do biodiesel demonstrations, and provide minimal props to explain our co-operative working structures.
Goal or deliverable
- Work plan for when who will be where, doing what.
- Materials plan for demonstrations and props.
Timeline, schedule, or end date
- June 10, 24, July 8, 22, August 5, -58 days
- Advertising in Island Tides as part of our ongoing promotions. (Jan)
- July 6, -41 days
- Liase with co-participants (Jan)
- July 15, -32 days
- EcoReality newsletter coverage (Jan)
- July 16, 10 AM, -31 days
- Planning meeting (all)
- July 20, -27 days
- Press release (Jan)
- August 9, -7 days
- Props complete, discuss last-minute items at weekly Residents' Meeting (all)
- Agree to hold event (all) done
- Investigate needs of co-participants (Jan) (ongoing)
- Begin public relations campaign. (Jan) (ongoing)
- Brainstorm structure of event; determine tasks and roles. (all)
- Complete props and other material needs. (all)
- Conduct event.
- advertising (split with at least three other events)
- props and materials (mostly on-hand)
- Jan, 48 hours
- planning, administration, coordination, liaison, public relations, props, event day
- James, 12 hours
- logistics, props, event day
- Others, 30 hours
- props, support, event day
|James Cowan||Bubba||2009-08-15||2 km||$0.880||EcoReality||move farm equipment||yes|
"Vehicles" with no odometer, such as tractors or stationary equipment, are in tenths of an hour, rather than kilometres.
Incomplete, pending receipt of everyone's time sheets. (Hint, hint!)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus