The summer sun comes beaming into the kitchen and dining room, making things a lot hotter than they need to be.
At first, I was thinking of an awning, but an awning that automatically rolls up in the winter and provides us with tasty fruit is much better!
- 2010-09-27: With a new funder and imminent financing of the balance, this project has be restored to active status.
Goal or deliverable
A new trellis over the patio area of the french doors in the dining room, the kitchen window, and possibly the main washroom.
Timeline, schedule, or end date
Do this winter, ready for grape starts in the spring.
- Take and root cuttings of existing grapes.
- Measure and design.
- Buy materials.
- Put in foundations and build it.
Guesstimate: about $200 in materials.
- Jan: 20 hours measuring, planning, and design.
- Jan + others: 20 hours construction.
"Vehicles" with no odometer, such as tractors or stationary equipment, are in tenths of an hour, rather than kilometres.
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus