Child care steward
(Redirected from Child Care Steward)
Responsibilities of the child care steward include:
- Maintaining an awareness of the value and importance of childcare, education and play within the EcoReality community.
- Access to and knowledge of all previous formal and informal agreements regarding childcare made by EcoReality members.
- Thorough research and evaluation of how childcare at EcoReality correlates to the values agreed upon by the members.
- Research of how childcare is incorporated into other intentional communities and ongoing sharing of these findings on the Wiki.
- Gathering of ideas, thoughts, suggestions from EcoReality members and advisors of how childcare fits into the daily lives and work lives of EcoReality residents and all members when on site.
- Assessing the viability of some portion of monthly member childcare hours being counted toward EcoReality member hours when the provision of childcare by one member allows one or more other members to work on other EcoReality-related business or activities.
- Maintaining current information regarding childcare at EcoReality on the Wiki.
- Being available to answer questions from members, prospective members and interested people regarding childcare at EcoReality.
- In cooperation with all involved parents and caregivers, assessing how much childcare is required for member meeting weekends and retreats. Ensuring that all childcare requirements for these weekends or retreats are met with the help of available parents and caregivers. This would include booking child-sitters, scheduling parents and caregivers, clarifying sitting costs, enlisting help from other members and participants, tracking snack needs and food requirements of the children present.
- In cooperation with EcoReality members and advisors, creating a safe playground area for resident and visiting children.
- Assessing the possibility of apprentice support with childcare where appropriate.
- The ongoing time budget for this stewardship is 8 hours per month, to be evaluated after a 3 month trial period.
- Submitted by Susie Anne 14:45 15 January 2009 (PDT)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus