Project ID: 71
We need a number of composting toilets:
- for routine use by residents,
- for classroom students,
- for longer events with larger groups.
- An elevated outhouse with two chambers for alternating use, with two seats: one for urine (into sawdust), and the other for feces. The two purposes are alternated as the chamber below fills, allowing one chamber to "work" while the other receives fresh material.
- Additional "bucket outhouses" to be used by larger groups staying for longer periods, needs to be constructed as part of a campground.
- 2010-09-27: With a new funder and imminent financing of the balance, this project has be restored to active status.
Goal or deliverable
- An outdoor humanure toilet, suitable for small events and routine household use.
- Additional simpler humanure outdoor toilets, suitable for longer events with more people.
Timeline, schedule, or end date
Complete and ready for operation for a 2011 Permaculture Design Course.
- Architectural drawings.
- Bill of materials.
- Design: Jan, 20 hours.
- Review: members, 10 person-hours.
- Procurement: Jan, 10 hours.
- Construction: one skilled carpenter and two semi-skilled helpers, one week: 60 person-hours.
Labour, by person
Labour, by activity
"Vehicles" with no odometer, such as tractors or stationary equipment, are in tenths of an hour, rather than kilometres.
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus