When the electricity is out, we have no water, and the yellow house has no effective heat.
With a junction box and approximately 50 metres of appropriate cable, we can power both the yellow house and the pump house with the diesel generator owned by Carol and Jan. This same system can provide limited electrical power to the white house and classroom building, but not enough for anything that heats up.
- Approved in Minutes:20100908, to be implemented before winter sets in.
Goal or deliverable
- A set of adaptors, plugs, sockets and cable that will run from the generator at the north east corner of the yellow house to the pump house.
- Training, written instructions, and breaker panel labels so that emergency power can be provided to all buildings on-site in a safe and reliable manner.
Timeline, schedule, or end date
- 2010-02-02: write-up emergency power procedure DONE
- 2010-10-01: procure materials (Slegg).
- 2010-10-08: map out and mark breakers appropriately.
- 2010-10-15: wire up materials and test.
- 2010-10-19: training residents of both houses.
- procure materials
- wire it up
- training emergency power procedure
|240VAC, 30A socket, 3 conductor||2||$30.00||$60.00|
|240VAC, 30A plug, 3 conductor||3||$30.00||$90.00|
|240VAC, 30A socket, 4 conductor||1||$30.00||$30.00|
|150 feet of SOW #10/3 cable||150||$1.90||$285.00|
|30A double Square D circuit breaker||1||$30.00||$30.00|
- Jan: 2 hours design and procurement
- Jan: 8 hours implementation
- Jan (and others): 2 person-hours testing
- Jan and several people who will be allowed to operate the system: 8 person-hours training
|1000011||ISCU Chequing||$942.00||2007-04-10 00:00:00||2007-04-10 00:00:00|
|6850000||Maintenance||$290.26||2014-12-04 00:00:00||2017-02-09 00:00:00|
|2330030||Taxes, GST/HST||$6.06||2016-10-14 00:00:00||2017-02-09 00:00:00|
|2330020||Taxes, PST||$8.48||2016-10-14 00:00:00||2017-02-09 00:00:00|
|6300001||Volunteer Groceries||$2.35||2016-02-26 00:00:00||2016-02-26 00:00:00|
|6300001||TOTAL:||$1,249.15||2007-04-10 00:00:00||2017-02-09 00:00:00|
Labour, by person
Labour, by activity
"Vehicles" with no odometer, such as tractors or stationary equipment, are in tenths of an hour, rather than kilometres.
|1||Blue Jetta||17 km|
|Jan Steinman||Bubba||2014-12-08||25 km||$10.700||EcoReality||pick up 10/3 cable for pump electrical, bank, recycling||no|
|Jan Steinman||Blue Jetta||2010-01-18||17 km||$7.480||EcoReality||Slegg, pigtail generator adaptor||yes|
List of disbursements, including:
- final, reconciled costs of the project,
- where money came from for the project, including Class A/B investment shares and to whom they are issued,
- final, reconciled labour on the project,
- After final accounting, no more time can be allocated to a project.
- Class B investment shares and to whom they are issues.
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus