Goat shed II
Project ID: 137
To have a place for goats to live.
Find an old camping trailer. Gut it. Fix any water/wind leakage and safety issues. Put in stanchions and stalls and feed troughs.
- 2011-12-22 project begun.
- 2012-01-31 project scheduled end.
- 2012-11-28 project completed.
Goal or deliverable
A larger portable facility for the EcoReality goat flock.
Timeline, schedule, or end date
time-related aspects of the project, which may include intermediate deadlines, dependencies, etc
generally, a numbered list of tasks, performed in order, that will together accomplish the project's goals or deliverables
- Obtain free derelict travel trailer DONE
- Strip it of anything not needed DONE
- Repair to make it water-tight, draught-free, and safe DONE
- Add facilities needed for feeding, milking, etc. DONE
how much money will be needed, possibly high-low bracketed and detailed, or a complete guess (try to indicate how firm a guess it is!)
- $400 for a new rubber roof try to scrounge, but don't skimp on longevity of the roof
- $100 for plywood to repair floor and make feeders and internal walls try to scrounge
- Jan Steinman will finance this project, and will receive up to 500 shares for any cash outlays needed for this project.
how many people are needed for how long, including specific people or specific skill-sets
- 10 hours planning and design
- 20 demolition
- 170 hours construction
- 3,000 Class B Investment Shares issued for 200 hours of labour
"Vehicles" with no odometer, such as tractors or stationary equipment, are in tenths of an hour, rather than kilometres.
Project was under cost budget by $412.00, at just 18% of budget.
Project was under labour budget by 58.1 hours, at just 71% of budget.
Project was over schedule by 302 days.
Note that milking parlour was not built-in, but is still in a tent outside the trailer, accounting for most of the budget savings.
|Date||Class A||Class B||Who||Item|
|10 Dec 12||30||Jan Steinman||Screws, staples, hinges, other misc consumables.|
|11 Dec 12||706.5||Jan Steinman||Labour: 47.1 hours @ $15/hr|
|12 Dec 12||195||Carol Wagner||Labour: 13 hours @ $15/hr|
|Budget $||Actual $|
|Planning & Design||10||5.1|
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus