other meetings this year
- Meeting starts 09:01
- Agenda approved.
- Minutes of previous meeting, 2012-05-02 approved unanimously, with correction regarding Ben's absence.
- Old business:
- Matters arising from old minutes: discussed while reviewing minutes.
- To do list - reviewed.
- Calendar fixed, and reviewed.
- Project updates:
- Necessary changes in involvement in EcoReality - ongoing, asked Bioestate Tea for deposit for June and July in order to hold White House for August.
- Goat shed II - needs door and floor repaired - discussed how to quickly dress it out with two people.
- Commercial propagation greenhouse - Working on tables (9 bases built and stabilized, all toppers done).
- Emergency power - no change - on hold until next fall.
- Yellow house suite - no change
- Water system maintenance - fixed! Still need to haul out and repair old cistern and fill in the hole.
- Health & Safety - no new concerns.
- New business:
- Review of WWOOFers:
- Nick Adamson-Jones cancelled.
- Others in process:
- Erica: mid-June through mid-August, but not confirmed.
- Bioestate Tea team of five: changed to August for 1 year
- Review of WWOOFers:
- Maya's babies born at around 3am this morning. 2 boys, 4.1 kg & 3.3 kg. Thanks Maya.
- Matthew leaving on Sunday ;-(
- Carrie coming this Monday for one month.
- Ben away June 21 - 24.
- Classes & workshop ideas:
- Canning, cheese making and Ben teaching a song writing class.
- Farm meeting:
- Plans for next week:
- Set up shared iCal for Ben.
- Move chickens to front Thursday morning - Done.
- Gavin will do ph test of hay field.
- Move large gate in east field farther north and put in small gate at corner: early next week.
- Remove some compost for West garden beds - more to be done.
- Ben wants to plant some beets and carrots for early market - DONE.
- Ben will monitor strawberries in east field.
- Jan & Ben working on fertigation. 350 litre tank needs welding.
- Jan continuing to build greenhouse tables - committed to finish them.
- Stake out swales in east field - requires 2 people - in process.
- Continue making soil blocks, transplanting to larger blocks, starting new lettuce starts.
- Need to tighten up the plastic on the centre to the west on the greenhouse planned for this Saturday, 3 PM.
- Put garbage disposal in outdoor sink to make compost tea - DONE (need a part for exhaust to finish off - ordered).
- Spread cedar sawdust around greenhouse baseboards; Jan will call Shane for more.
- Friday evening meeting about planting plans
- Start some chipping.
- Leeks in east garden - sell to Natureworks?
- Confirm next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, 9 May 2012, 09:00, Jan facilitating and Carol taking minutes.
- Meeting adjourned, 10:11
- Respectfully submitted, Carol Wagner 10:11, 9 May 2012 (PST)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus