From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

  1. Meeting starts 09:00
  2. Check-in
  3. Agenda approved.
  4. Minutes of previous meeting, 2012-05-09 approved unanimously.
  5. Old business:
  6. Health & Safety - no new concerns.
  7. New business:
    • Review of WWOOFers:
      • In process:
        • Erica: mid-June through mid-August, but not confirmed. Carol will confirm soon.
        • Bioestate Tea team of five: changed to August for 1 year, but still uncertain.
        • Laura Oxley - sometime in July.
  8. Arrivals/Departures:
    • Carrie arrived on Monday!
    • Ben away today.
    • Carol to Victoria on Thursday.
    • Ben away June 21 - 24.
  9. Plans for next week:
    • Jan to do newsletter today.
    • Greenhouse celebration preparation: Friday May25th, 1-5pm.
      • Jan to complete poster today. Rudy to distribute around the island.
      • Cleanup of Ron's stuff next Wednesday after meeting.
      • Move porta-potty next to greenhouse.
      • Set up market tent next to greenhouse.
      • Carol in charge of food: cookies, beverages, glassware, etc.
      • Plan for "house concert" format, followed by less-organized jam session and tour and food.
        • 12:30: doors open
        • 13:15: first set with [Salvador Dali Lama].
        • 14:00: intermission
        • 14:15: second set
        • 15:00: greenhouse tour, open house, and jam sessions
    • Grant applied for and we have been approved to hire a summer student. Waiting to get new form with minimum wage ($10.25/hr) back. Need to ping them.
    • Carol to organize greenhouse materials (pots, etc.) along the westernmost 4' of greenhouse.
  10. Farm meeting:
    • Ben has worked up two beds in East Field and have started planting.
    • Small sun chokes potted up for sale.
    • Get new goat trailer ready to move this weekend.
    • West greenhouse rollups done. Work on east end rollups today.
    • Prep centre greenhouse area for more dirt to be moved in.
    • Move large gate in east field farther north and put in small gate at corner: early next week - gate is marked for digging.
    • Remove some compost for West garden beds - more to be done.
    • Jan & Ben working on fertigation. 350 litre tank needs welding (welder broken, fixed).
    • Jan continuing to build greenhouse tables - committed to finish them.
    • Stake out swales in east field - DONE.
    • Continue making soil blocks, transplanting to larger blocks, starting new lettuce starts.
    • Need to tighten up the plastic on the centre to the west on the greenhouse planned for this Saturday, 3 PM - DONE.
    • Put garbage disposal in outdoor sink to make compost tea - DONE (need a part for exhaust to finish off - ordered).
    • Spread cedar sawdust around greenhouse baseboards; Jan will call Shane for more.
    • Friday evening meeting about planting plans - waiting for Ben.
    • Start some chipping.
    • Leeks in east garden - sell to Natureworks - Sold leeks and sun chokes! Contact them about more sun chokes periodically.
  11. Confirm next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, 23 May 2012, 09:00, Jan facilitating and Carol taking minutes.
  • Meeting adjourned, 10:07
  • Respectfully submitted, Carol Wagner 10:08, 16 May 2012 (PST)

Share your opinion

blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Email Address:

entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro