Project/Produce cooling shed
Project ID: 142
We need to have a temporary storage area for produce, so that harvest time is not so closely tied to market times.
Envisioned is a simple straw bale structure of 10 square metres or less with an insulated floor, using some sort of solar-powered cooling, perhaps swamp cooling supplemented by absorption refrigeration.
- 2012-07-20 project proposed.
Goal or deliverable
A small super-insulated building in the west field that is solar cooled to about 10°C.
Timeline, schedule, or end date
time-related aspects of the project, which may include intermediate deadlines, dependencies, etc
generally, a numbered list of tasks, performed in order, that will together accomplish the project's goals or deliverables
- Seek funding from various sources.
- Building design and site layout.
- Prepare the foundation.
- Obtain straw bales.
- Assemble structure.
- Install Viesa swamp cooler.
- Install one or more camping refrigerators, temporarily powered by solar panels or even hydro.
- Design passive solar heat loop to power the camping refrigerators.
- Install passive solar heat loop.
how much money will be needed, possibly high-low bracketed and detailed, or a complete guess (try to indicate how firm a guess it is!)
This project requires funding. Agreeing to this request does not commit EcoReality to any funding. Balance sheet impact should be zero, as increased liability from shares issued will be balanced by the value added by the facility.
|Two large camper refrigerators||$1,100||can be difficult to find used at a reasonable price|
Confidence factor: ±50% largely due to wide variation in cost of used camping refrigerators
- Up to 6,150 Class A Investment Shares issued for capital cash costs.
- 1,500 Class A Investment Shares to Jan for brand new Viesa swamp cooler, on-hand.
how many people are needed for how long, including specific people or specific skill-sets
- 32 hours: Jan: research, engineering, and design
- 400 hours: Jan and others: construction and installation
Confidence factor: ±50%
- Up to 9,720 Class B Investment Shares issued for 648 hours of labour
Labour, by person
Labour, by activity
"Vehicles" with no odometer, such as tractors or stationary equipment, are in tenths of an hour, rather than kilometres.
|Jan Steinman||Bubba||2012-11-09||25 km||$10.700||EcoReality||Slegg, gate hardware, east field||yes|
|Jan Steinman||Bubba||2012-10-29||15 km||$6.420||EcoReality||Slegg for east field fence parts||yes|
|Jan Steinman||Bubba||2012-08-01||19 km||$8.132||EcoReality||investigate walk-in freeser, goat feed||yes|
List of disbursements, including:
- final, reconciled costs of the project,
- where money came from for the project, including Class A/B investment shares and to whom they are issued,
- final, reconciled labour on the project,
- After final accounting, no more time can be allocated to a project.
- Class A investment shares and to whom they are issued.
- Class B investment shares and to whom they are issued.
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus