Project ID: 167
To identify our location to the general public who are driving by.
Every farm and business has a road sign. Goals include:
- reinforce branding, by using our logo
- reinforce our product image, by having an artisanal, crafty look and feel
- have a chalkboard area that can be changed easily
- have a string of sub-signs for seasonal products that change more slowly than a chalk board
- durable and maintainable
- minimal impact to Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure by being out of the way of brush clearing and ditch maintenance activities
- 2009-05-27 project begun.
Goal or deliverable
Timeline, schedule, or end date
time-related aspects of the project, which may include intermediate deadlines, dependencies, etc
- 2009-05-27: cut the slab out of a huge Doug Fir that our neighbour donated.
- 2010: smooth the slab, project our logo on it, trace the logo.
- 2011: visiting artist comes up with original artwork for a simplified logo.
- 2012-2016: various folk, including Jan and Ben Corno, work on carving the sign.
- 2017: Alex and Gaia paint the sign.
- 2018-06-12: sign is hung, with the help of Leonard and Lauren!
- 2018-06-17: hang most sub-signs. Project complete, except for occasional new sub-signs.
- Cut a big oval slab out of a tree.
- Carve the EcoReality Co-op logo on it.
- Paint the sign.
- Hang the sign.
how much money will be needed, possibly high-low bracketed and detailed, or a complete guess (try to indicate how firm a guess it is!)
how many people are needed for how long, including specific people or specific skill-sets
|6850000||Maintenance||$20.67||2017-01-24 00:00:00||2017-01-24 00:00:00|
|6010000||Marketing||$440.71||2015-04-08 00:00:00||2018-07-26 00:00:00|
|2330030||Taxes, GST/HST||$26.89||2014-07-29 00:00:00||2018-07-26 00:00:00|
|2330020||Taxes, PST||$37.16||2015-04-08 00:00:00||2018-07-26 00:00:00|
|6100000||Travel||$19.47||2018-06-11 00:00:00||2018-06-11 00:00:00|
|6100000||TOTAL:||$544.90||2014-07-29 00:00:00||2018-07-26 00:00:00|
Labour, by person
Labour, by activity
"Vehicles" with no odometer, such as tractors or stationary equipment, are in tenths of an hour, rather than kilometres.
|12||Cleome's Jetta||74 km|
|Jan Steinman||Cleome's Jetta||2018-06-11||14 km||$3.360||EcoReality||sign parts||no|
|Jan Steinman||Cleome's Jetta||2018-06-10||23 km||$5.520||EcoReality||sign parts||no|
|Jan Steinman||Cleome's Jetta||2018-06-08||12 km||$2.880||EcoReality||get road sign parts||no|
|Jan Steinman||Cleome's Jetta||2018-06-05||25 km||$6.000||EcoReality||Slegg, parts for road sign||no|
|Jan Steinman||Bubba||2017-08-21||16 km||$6.848||EcoReality||sign paint||no|
|Jan Steinman||Bubba||2017-08-15||4 km||$1.712||EcoReality||posts for sign||no|
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus