Third party confidentiality
Persons in conflict do well to seek advice, request/offer solace, vent feelings, or seek comfort from others. Such a situation often benefits from the practice of confidentiality to avoid hurtful gossip and spreading of stories and interpretations of the experiences of others.
As a member or resident of EcoReality, when I agree to be a "third party" for the purpose of conflict resolution within EcoReality Co-Operative and its’ business dealings, I will provide these things in the spirit of helping to improve the situation, within the values, vision and mission of EcoReality Co-Operative:
- In the spirit of protecting the privacy and rights of the “members” of the EcoReality Co-Operative, I agree to maintain confidentiality regarding individual and community issues of a sensitive nature when speaking with people outside the EcoReality Co-Operative.
- I will follow the conflict resolution protocol, myself and I will set clear boundaries about my time and energy to devote to the member(s) seeking my listening.
- I will communicate following Compassionate communication principles and practices.
- I will not share information or names of people involved with this conflict either within EcoReality community, or outside of it.
- I will take responsibility for being a “neutral” space and listener for one or more parties involved in the conflict.
- I will take responsibility for tracking that Conflict Resolution Protocol is being followed, and for communicating when I think it is not being adequately followed.
- I will alert all residents (potentially all “members”) if I perceive that there is imminent danger to the health and wellbeing of any community members as a result of the conflict. In such a case, I agree to share only the facts that are necessary for the prevention of further conflict or harm, no more, and ideally to request a properly advertised, full membership meeting to discuss the situation openly.
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus