Minutes:20150328

From MediaWiki

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (fix link)
m (fixed link)
 
Line 59: Line 59:
* Meeting starts: 17:38
* Meeting starts: 17:38
* Present:
* Present:
-
** Members: [[User:Adam Perry|Adam Perry]], [[User:Cleome Rowe]], [[User:Jan Steinman|Jan Steinman]].
+
** Members: [[User:Adam Perry|Adam Perry]], [[User:Cleome Rowe|Cleome Rowe]], [[User:Jan Steinman|Jan Steinman]].
** Guests: [[User:James Chambers|James Chambers]], [[User:Grace Kyomugisha|Grace Kyomugisha]], [[User:Steve Valleé|Steve Valleé]], [[User:Jade Watson|Jade Watson]].
** Guests: [[User:James Chambers|James Chambers]], [[User:Grace Kyomugisha|Grace Kyomugisha]], [[User:Steve Valleé|Steve Valleé]], [[User:Jade Watson|Jade Watson]].
** Facilitator: [[User:Jan Steinman|Jan Steinman]]
** Facilitator: [[User:Jan Steinman|Jan Steinman]]

Latest revision as of 23:32, 19 March 2017

Residents' Meeting

For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

<--previous meetingminutes indexnext meeting-->

Other meeting minutes:

  1. Meeting starts 17:03
  2. Check-in
  3. Agenda approved, with addition of fundraising steward report, meal times, language, and salad items.
  4. The last meeting minutes:
    1. 16:26 In camera review of previous meeting's in camera portion.
    2. 16:29 In camera session ends.
    3. Minutel of 28 February, approved, including in camera portion.
    4. Matters arising from minutes: nothing noted.
  5. Old business: quick review of priority projects as determined in the last meeting.
    1. Community farm store: Big push starts tomorrow, with general cleaning, clearing the farm store area, and estimating materials.
    2. Greenhouse drainage: Work continues, with drain rock being moved from the East Field and placed on landscape fabric in the trenches. Birds are still getting in and decimating our seedlings, so priority must be on rocking the communicating channels at the doorways, which is thought to be how the birds are getting in.
    3. Electric market vehicle: James did a lovely job of removing the clutch spline. Next step is to cut the yoke off the slip yoke and weld it to the clutch spline.
    4. Animal shelters: no change. Non-milkers are brushing the East Field, sleeping in the tool shed.
    5. Commercial kitchen: we scored a double-bottom deep commercial stainless sink.
    6. Upcoming classes and events: nothing noted. We are too busy to put much effort into this at present. Various possible events discussed: soap making, food preservation, another cheese workshop, etc.
    7. Recruiting: Paul and Tara came by to test the potential of using Broadband Over Power Line to get Internet in the classroom. We discussed having them over for a regular work-party.
    8. Fundraising: Adam sees the need for a meeting to determine strategic priorities before he can accomplish much fundraising.
  6. Health and safety concerns: concern over lye container in laundry room. It is prominently labeled and tightly capped, and no one should ever leave it with the lid loose. In addition, a chainsaw is sitting on top of it to further detract investigation of its contents.
  7. New business:
    1. Jan requested that evening group meals be no later than 7 PM, so that he can eat before milking. He also suggested that we could strive to meet around breakfast time, to discuss plans for the day. This need will become more acute later in the growing season.
    2. Adam requested that we watch our language around EJ, as he is very impressionable, and has begun to use the "F" word.
    3. James requested more green salad in meals. Others noted that we strive to eat seasonally, and that there is kale, nettles, and other greens, but we will also strive to have more fresh greens available, especially when on sale.
    4. Statistics quickly reviewed. Jan explained the various sorts of data available, and invited people to look it over.
    5. Electricity use reviewed. Electricity is about $80 more per month than last year.
      1. Try to schedule laundry for non-rainy times to limit the use of the dryer. Clothes will dry just fine when the sun isn't out!
      2. Keep lights off when they are not being used.
      3. Dehumidifier cited as a possible reason for increased electricity; Jan will put a meter on it.
  8. Review arrivals/departures, guests and apprentices:
    • Adam and Grace gone for Easter to see family.
    • Cleome here through next weekend.
    • Clover, Nerissa, Opal, and Emery here on Thursday.
    • Jade will have friends here at the end of April and end of May. We discussed lodging options.
  9. Farm meeting:
    • Need to open greenhouse about one hour after sun comes out on sunny days. But close it down early. Ideal indoor temp is 30-40.
    • Jan apologizes for not being in the greenhouse much, and will strive to spend time in there every day. Grace agreed to give Jan notice when she is going out, so he can wrap up whatever he's doing to join her.
    • Need to purchase a watering can for sensitive seeds that get washed out with the hose sprayer.
    • To do list:
      • Get a couple yards of container mix from Integrity.
      • Jan to clean Physalis seed, and plant about 1/3rd of a tray for indoor starting.
      • Continue working on greenhouse trenching.
      • Continue to clean goat sheds.
    • Things completed:
      • More early starts. DONE!
      • Moved a bunch of drain rock. DONE!
      • Began repair of roll-ups. DONE!
  10. Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Adam facilitator, Saturday, 18 2015 16:00.
  • Meeting adjourned, 17:38
  • Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 04:19, 30 March 2015 (CEST)

Annual General Meeting

For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

  1. Agenda approved
  2. Minutes of last year's Annual General Meeting reviewed and approved.
  3. AGREED: EcoReality Co-op will not use an external auditor, as required by law unless agreed otherwise.
  4. Annual finance report not yet ready, will be presented at the next regular meeting.
  5. Directors' reports not yet ready, will be presented at the next regular meeting.
  6. AGREED: unanimously to the following election of directors, as required by law of annual general meetings:
  7. AGREED: that no dividend be declared on any class of shares this year.
  8. Date of next Annual General Meeting tentatively set for 26 March 2016.
  9. Adjourn the Annual General Meeting at 17:53
  • Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 04:27, 30 March 2015 (CEST)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro